Physician Practice Unveil New Identities to Reflect Affiliation with Harris Regional Hospital, Swain Community Hospital and Duke LifePoint Healthcare
July 24, 2015
Sylva and Bryson City, North Carolina (July 22, 2015) – Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital, both Duke LifePoint hospitals, announced that their employed physician practices will feature new names that highlight their association with the hospitals. The name changes will also reflect their affiliation with Duke LifePoint Healthcare, as each practice will be labeled ‘A Duke LifePoint Physician Practice’.
For years, physicians and staff providing care in more than a dozen practices in Jackson, Swain and Macon counties have been employed by Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital. Renaming the physician practices strengthens the connection to the hospitals, which have collectively served Jackson, Swain, Macon and Graham counties and the surrounding region for more than 150 years.
“Only the practice names are changing. Patients will receive the same high quality care as always, with the same physicians and staff and in the same locations,” said Steve Heatherly, CEO of Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital. “The new names reflect our commitment to provide our patients continuity and coordination of care by highlighting a clear connection between the physician practices, the hospitals, and Duke LifePoint Healthcare. We’re pleased to share this new identity structure with our community.”
The names of the Duke LifePoint physician practices located at Harris Medical Park, 98 Doctors Drive, in Sylva will change as follows:
- Sylva Medical Center will be known as Harris Medical Associates
- WNC Pediatric and Adolescent Care will be known as Harris Pediatric Care
- Mountain Valley Surgery will be known as Harris Surgical Associates
- Mountain Regional OB/GYN will be known as Harris Women’s Care
- Mountain Care Urology will be known as Harris Urology
The names of Harris Medical Group practices located on the Medical Park Loop on the Harris Regional Hospital campus will change as follows:
- Mountain GI will be known as Harris GI Associates
- Western Carolina Pulmonary and Sleep Consultants will be known as Harris Pulmonary and Sleep Center
Practices located inside the hospital will change as follows:
- WNC Hospitalist Service will be known as Harris Hospitalist Service
- Sylva Orthopaedic Associates and Carolina West Sports Medicine will merge forming Harris Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
- The urgent care facility located in the Walmart Plaza in Sylva will be known as Harris Regional Hospital Urgent Care
- The Center for Family Medicine with offices in Franklin and Cullowhee at the Western Carolina University Health and Human Sciences Building will respectively be known as Harris Family Care – Franklin and Harris Family Care – Cullowhee
- Swain Medical Center at Swain Community Hospital will be known as Swain Family Care
These changes follow the official renaming of the hospitals in April, when the hospitals transitioned to Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital, each becoming distinguished as ‘A Duke LifePoint Hospital’. Additionally, the outpatient facility in Macon County was renamed Harris Regional Hospital Medical Park of Franklin. New signage is currently under construction and expected to display later this summer and fall.
Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital joined Duke LifePoint Healthcare in August 2014 and have embarked on an awareness campaign highlighting the hospitals’ legacies in the community and the commitment to making communities healthier together. Duke LifePoint has committed to investing a minimum of $43 million in capital improvements at Harris Regional and Swain Community Hospitals over the next eight years.
In the coming months, Harris Regional and Swain Community hospitals will build a new Emergency Department at Harris, complete the New Generations Family Birthing Center at Harris, and evaluate restoring operating room capabilities at Swain Community Hospital.