Katharine M. Whitfield
Dr. Whitfield completed medical school at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV, and her residency in Internal Medicine at Greenville Health System in Greenville, SC. Dr. Whitfield is a member of the American Medical Association, American College of Physicians, American Osteopathic Association, Psi Sigma Alpha Scholastic Honor Society, and Sigma Sigma Phi Honorary Service Fraternity. She is passionate about inpatient medicine and finds great satisfaction in caring for the acutely ill patient.
- WVSOM Gwen Clingman Memorial Scholarship - Recognition by alumni as student most committed to impacting change in community through service
- WVSOM Alumni Association Scholarship - Recognition by peers as student most committed to community service
- WVSOM SE Statewide Campus Outstanding Regional Award - Recognition by faculty for superior clinical skills, professionalism, and leadership
- WVSOM Alumni Foundation Award - Recognition by peers as student most committed to community service
- WVSOM TOUCH - Gold Award - Served greater than 100 hours in community service during 2011-2012 academic year
Greenville Health System – Greenville, SC - Residency in Internal Medicine
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine – Lewisburg, WV - Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN - B.S. Mathematics Secondary Education
- Psi Sigma Alpha, Eta chapter – Scholastic Honor Society (2014 – present) Top 15% of class at completion of didactic training
- Sigma Sigma Phi, Nu Chapter – Honorary Service Fraternity (2014 – present) Top 25% of class with compelling commitment to community service
- American Medical Association (2014 – present)
- American College of Physicians (2013 – present)
- American Osteopathic Association (2013 – present)
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.