Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
- St Olaf College, BA Biology 1989
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, Masters of Fine Arts 1993
- University of North Carolina Asheville, Pre-Med 2001
- UNC Chapel Hill, Doctorate of Medicine, 2006
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
UNC Hospital, General Surgery Resident 2006-2008
UNC Hospital , Orthopaedic Surgery Resident 2008-2012
Triangle Orthopaedics, Upper Extremity Fellowship
2010-2012; Osteoporosis and Low-Energy Distal Radius and Hip Fractures Clinical research evaluating Bone Health clinic follow-up, medication, and preventative measure outcomes in post fragility distal radius fracture patients.
- Resident teaching award for Musculoskeletal course, UNC School of medicine, 2008
- Recipient of the American Burn Association Student Scholarship, 2004
- Inducted into the John B Graham Student Research Society, January 2004
- Honors UNC School of Medicine: Dept of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 4th year elective for research conducted in wound healing, Gross, Anatomy, Histology, Cell Biology, Neuroanatomy, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Selected for NIH funded Short Term Research Program, UNC School of Medicine 2003
- UNC School of Medicine Medical Education Development program. Finished the program ranked 3rd out of 79 students.
- Dean’s list UNC- Asheville 1999-2001
Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
Woodworking, Running, Bicycling, Soccer, Skiing
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.