Alvin Strasburger, III, MD
Gynecology, OB-GYN, Obstetrics & Gynecology
Alvin Strasburger, MD is an OB/GYN physician who recently completed his residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Dr. Strasburger completed his undergraduate studies at Columbia University in New York City and earned his medical degree from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine in Columbia, South Carolina. While in residency, Dr. Strasburger served as the Quality Improvement Chief Resident from 2016-2017. Dr. Strasburger and fiancé desire to relocate to WNC where they can enjoy a mild 4-season climate and an abundance of recreational venues and still be close to family in Columbia and Rock Hill, South Carolina.
Columbia University in the City of New York New York, NY - B.S. in Engineering Management Systems
Medical University of South Carolina - Department of Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, and Epidemiology Charleston, SC
Concentrations: Basic Science, Bioinformatics, Research Methodologies
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia, SC - Doctor of Medicine
SUNY Downstate Medical Center and Kings County Hospital Center - Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Brooklyn, NY
- Sherer DM, Dalloul M, Schwartzman A, Strasburger A, Farrell RA, Zinn H, Abulafia O. Point-of-care sonographic diagnosis of maternal small bowel obstruction during pregnancy. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol, 2016 Aug 9; 48: 403–404. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/uog.15860
- Simpson KN, Strasburger A, Jones WJ, Dietz B, Rajagopalan R. Comparison of Markov model and discrete-event simulation techniques for HIV. Pharmacoeconomics. 2009;27(2):159-65. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2165/00019053-200927020-00006
- Jin B, Strasburger A, Laken SJ, Kozel FA, Johnson KA, George MS, Lu X. Feature selection for fMRI based deception detection. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009 Sep 17;10 Suppl 9:S15. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1471-2105-10-S9-S15
- Mize BB, Lee YC, Tolentino J, Strasburger A, Salame GM, Moron A, Abulafia O A retrospective assessment of the role of radiation in treatment of uterine carcinosarcoma. Gynecologic Oncology, 2015 April; 137, Supplement 1: 166–167. Poster presentation at 2015 SGO Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.01.417
- Simpson KN, Strasburger A, Dietz B, et al. Comparison of Markov and Discrete Event Simulation Models to Predict Economic Outcomes for ARV Therapies in HIV Disease. Poster presentation at 11th European AIDS Conference.(2007)
- Simpson KN , Strasburger A, Jones W, Rajagopalan R, Dietz B. Comparison of Markov and Discrete Event Simulation Models for HIV-Disease. Published abstract, poster presentation at 47th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. (2007)
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Medical Association
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.