Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Please call 586-7713 to make an appointment
9am -3pm Monday - Friday
What is an Advance Health Care Directive?
An Advance Health Care Directive is a legally recognized document that allows you to provide information to your family, friends and physician(s) about your health care preferences, including the types of special treatment you want or do not want at the end of your life. The advance health care directive document is meant to be completed by anyone 18 years of age or older and it can be changed at any time, should your wishes change. You can give specific instructions about any aspect of your health care, whether you appoint a health care agent (decision maker) or not.
Five Wishes lets your family and doctors know:
- Who you want to make health care decisions for you when you can't make them.
- The kind of medical treatment you want or don't want.
- How comfortable you want to be.
- How you want people to treat you.
- What you want your loved ones to know.
Any additional question? agingwithdignity.org