Harris Home Health
26 Westcare Drive, Suite 303, Sylva, NC 28779
Phone: 828.586.7410 - Fax: 828.586.7859
Skilled Nursing - conducts patient and environmental assessments, coordinates the care provided by all team members and provides treatments as ordered by patient’s physician.
Physical Therapy - treats patients who have difficulty walking, transferring from multiple surfaces, history of falls, and/or a decline in function and balance or strength deficits.
Occupational Therapy - provides therapy for patients with coordination problems, delayed fine or gross motor skills, decreased body awareness and difficulties in relation to their environment (bumping into furniture), problems with activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, and personal care.
Speech Therapy - offers treatment for those with speech/language disorders and instructs on the use of communication assistive devices
Medical Social Worker ~ assesses eligibility for public assistance, conducts psycho-social assessments, aids in longterm planning, provides counseling and crisis intervention. Connects patients with appropriate community resources.
Home Health Aide - offers assistance to patients needing personal care required to maintain the patient’s health or to facilitate treatment of illness or injury. May also help with light cleaning and meal preparation as beneficial to the patient’s welfare.
Examples of patients commonly referred to Harris Home Health include:
- Those recovering from surgery (CABG, joint replacement, G.I./bowel diversion)
- Chronically ill or disabled persons needing medical management/education and/or assistance with activities of daily living (COPD, CHF)
- Patients recovering from a stroke, heart attack, heart surgery, high blood pressure, cancer, diabetes, lung disease, and/or diseases of the nervous system that require changes in treatment, interventions, instructions or management.
- Individuals receiving IV therapy, wound care, colostomy or catheter care.
- Homebound (Medicare and private insurance requirement)
- Need for healthcare that requires skilled nursing, physical therapy, and/or speech therapy on an intermittent basis.
- Physician referral that includes the Face-to-Face documentation required by Medicare and a signed initial Plan of Care.
Jackson County (Sylva, Cullowhee, Whittier, Cashiers, Balsam, Cherokee, etc..)
Macon County (Franklin, Highlands, Otto, etc…)
Swain County (Bryson City, Cherokee, Almond, etc…)
Graham County (Robbinsville, Stecoah, Snowbird community, etc…)
Haywood County (Waynesville, Clyde, Canton, etc..)
LIFELINE Lifeline Coordinator
Phone: 828.586.7841 - Fax: 828.586.7859
As a Philip’s Lifeline service provider, we install and provide maintenance on our home alert systems.
Our service area includes Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Swain, Graham, Clay, & Cherokee Counties.
We offer standard units, wireless units, as well as the Go Safe unit that includes 6 locating technologies such as GPS, WiFi, and two –way voice communication. Each unit can also be equipped with the Auto Alert Fall Detection feature With the press of a button, a client is connected to a comforting voice that will summon the help required, whether it be a neighbor or family member, EMS, fire department, or law enforcement. CAP patients can receive a standard unit at no cost.
Harris Home Health has an indigent screening tool and can provide a limited number of units at little or no cost to clients. Clients will receive free installation of their unit through physician/hospital referral (Primary care, Urgent Care, Emergency Dept, Discharge Planner/Care Coordinator, Specialist, etc…)
Harris Home Health Home Care
26 Westcare Dr, Ste 303, Sylva, NC 28779
LIFELINE Lifeline Coordinator
- Cancer Care
- Cardiovascular Services
- Care Management
- Emergency Services
- General Surgery
- Harris Home Health
- Hospice Care
- New Generations Family Birthing Center
- Neck and Spine Services
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Women's Care
- Wound Care