Stephen Warren Hartzell, MD
Ohio Wesleyan University
Obtained Ph.D. in Microbiology - University of Illinos, Chicago
Johns Hopkins University - Baltimore, MD
Penn State Geisinger Medical Center - Danville, PA
- Glaucoma Treatment
- Management of Eye disease
- Sigma Xi Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research - 1978
- Continental Bank Predoctoral Fellowship - 1985
- National Cancer Institute Postdoctoral Fellowship - 1989
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- NC Medical Society
- Haywood County Medical Society
Selection of a health care provider is a personal choice. Most or all of the health care providers performing services in this Hospital are independent contractors who have privileges to practice at the Hospital but they are not Hospital employees, representatives or agents. This includes but is not limited to radiologists, pathologists, emergency physicians, anesthesiologists, hospitalists, surgeons and others. Independent contractors are responsible for their own actions and the Hospital is not liable for the acts or omissions of any such independent contractors.
If understanding the relationship between your Health Care Provider and this Hospital is important to you, you may ask your Health Care Provider.