CNA to RN Sponsorship Details
In exchange for full tuition, books and supplies, and background check and drug screen costs, the students, upon graduation from nursing school, will become employees of Harris Regional Hospital, Swain Community Hospital for a period of three years earning a salary commensurate with the role. Commitment default will be subject to the hospitals’ standard tuition reimbursement repayment policy.
Student selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- Confirmed and verified completion of the CNA program and acceptance to associate RN degree program at SCC
- Passage of state nurse aide certification
- Passage of NCLEX (state nursing licensure exam) with a maximum of two attempts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Good behavioral standing throughout the program
- Preference will be given to residents of Jackson, Swain, Graham or Macon counties.
- Preference will be given to qualifying staff members of Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital
- Two letters of recommendation with one from a faculty member and one from a health care professional
- Participation in a panel interview
Administration of Funds:
Hospitals will direct program cost funding per student to SCC