CNA Sponsorship Details
In exchange for full tuition, books and supplies, background check and drug screen costs, and certification testing costs, the students upon completion of the Nurse Aide I class and passage of state nurse aide certification, will become employees of Harris Regional Hospital, Swain Community Hospital for a period of one year earning a salary commensurate with the role. (Students will be reimbursed for the cost of the state nurse aide certification test within a reasonable period of time subject to standard check processing timelines).
- Student selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- Acceptance to the SCC nurse aide program
- Preference will be given to residents of Jackson, Swain, Graham or Macon counties.
- Preference will be given to qualifying staff members of Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital
- Two letters of recommendation with one from a former or current employer or teacher and one from a personal character reference
- Participation in a panel interview
- Registration - $180 (continuing education class) - $474 (curriculum class)
- Malpractice Insurance - $30
- Accident Insurance - $15
- Student ID - $1
- Chocolate Brown Scrubs – 1 set: $40 allotment (must purchase from SCC)
- Nursing Assistant Patch /1 per scrub shirt – $6 each
- NC Nurse Aide Manual – $50
- Watch with second hand – $20 allotment
- Gait Belt - $15
Hospitals will direct program cost funding per student to SCC.