CNA Sponsorship Details
In exchange for full tuition, books and supplies, background check and drug screen costs, and certification testing costs, the students upon completion of the Nurse Aide I class and passage of state nurse aide certification, will become employees of Harris Regional Hospital, Swain Community Hospital or one of the physician practices or outpatient locations owned and employed by the hospitals* for a period of one year earning a salary commensurate with the role. The commitment will be signified by promissory note signature with default requiring reimbursement to the hospitals.
Student selection will be made based on the following criteria:
- Preference will be given to residents of Jackson, Swain, Graham or Macon counties.
- Preference will be given to qualifying staff members of Harris Regional Hospital and Swain Community Hospital
- Two letters of recommendation with one from a former or current employer or teacher and one from a personal character reference
- Participation in a panel interview
- Registration - $180 (continuing education class) - $474 (curriculum class)
- Malpractice Insurance - $30
- Accident Insurance - $15
- Student ID - $1
- Chocolate Brown Scrubs – 1 set: $40 allotment
- Nursing Assistant Patch /1 per scrub shirt – $6 each
- NC Nurse Aide Manual – $50
- Watch with second hand – $20 allotment
- Gait Belt - $15
Hospitals will direct program cost funding per student to the SCC Foundation. The Foundation will disburse funds to the college to cover student costs.
*Qualifying Employed Entities/Sites:
The one-year post-graduate/licensure period of employment will occur at Harris Regional Hospital or Swain Community Hospital due to need at the hospitals.