Our Emergency Department accepts patients
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Emergency Department at Harris Regional Hospital provides the full spectrum of emergency medical care. Team members within our emergency department are specialists in emergency medicine, and the department is staffed with experienced emergency physicians to provide the very best emergency care available.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Harris Regional Department of Emergency Medicine offers:
- 24-hour staff readiness
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment equipment to help track and monitor patient progress
- Cardiovascular laboratories and surgical suites
- Digital radiology rooms that are located in the department, eliminating the need to move patients to other sections of the hospital for testing
- Sophisticated computer technology that provides patient lab results, diagnostic information, discharge information and other confidential data quickly and securely
- Direct access to cardiologists for emergent cardiac care
- Rapid CT scanning and medication administration for stroke patients.
While it is always our goal to promptly evaluate all patients who present to the Department of Emergency Medicine, the unpredictable nature of emergencies often result in patients having to wait for periods of time. Wait times can vary each day and can change depending on unexpected occurrences. These events may include trauma patients, respiratory or cardiac arrest patients, as well as critically ill patients.
All patients presenting to the Department of Emergency Medicine are triaged. Those with more apparent urgent and serious problems will be evaluated first. Those with less severe and acute problems may, unfortunately, have to wait until a room is available.
- Cancer Care
- Care Management
- Emergency Services
- General Surgery
- Harris Home Health
- Hospice Care
- New Generations Family Birthing Center
- Neck and Spine Services
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Women's Care
- Wound Care