Douglas Gates, MD
- St Olaf College, BA Biology 1989
- Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, Masters of Fine Arts 1993
- University of North Carolina Asheville, Pre-Med 2001
- UNC Chapel Hill, Doctorate of Medicine, 2006
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
UNC Hospital, General Surgery Resident 2006-2008
UNC Hospital , Orthopaedic Surgery Resident 2008-2012
Triangle Orthopaedics, Upper Extremity Fellowship
2010-2012; Osteoporosis and Low-Energy Distal Radius and Hip Fractures Clinical research evaluating Bone Health clinic follow-up, medication, and preventative measure outcomes in post fragility distal radius fracture patients.
- Resident teaching award for Musculoskeletal course, UNC School of medicine, 2008
- Recipient of the American Burn Association Student Scholarship, 2004
- Inducted into the John B Graham Student Research Society, January 2004
- Honors UNC School of Medicine: Dept of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 4th year elective for research conducted in wound healing, Gross, Anatomy, Histology, Cell Biology, Neuroanatomy, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Selected for NIH funded Short Term Research Program, UNC School of Medicine 2003
- UNC School of Medicine Medical Education Development program. Finished the program ranked 3rd out of 79 students.
- Dean’s list UNC- Asheville 1999-2001
Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery
Woodworking, Running, Bicycling, Soccer, Skiing