Gwen Messer Abdulhafid, FNP
- MSN - University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
- MPH - Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
- Certified Family Nurse Practitioner - American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator - Association of Clinical Research Professionals
- Hepatitis/Liver Disease
- Leon JS, Kingsley DH, Montes JS, Richards GP, Lyon GM, Abdulhafid GM, Seitz SR, Fernandez ML, Teunis PF, Flick GJ, Moe CL (2011). Human norovirus inactivation in oysters by high hydrostatic pressure processing: A randomized, double-blinded clinical trial. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77(15), 5476-82.
- Seitz SR, Leon JS, Schwab KJ, Lyon GM, Dowd M, McDaniels M, Abdulhafid GM, Fernandez ML, Lindesmith LC, Baric R, Moe CL (2011). Norovirus infectivity in humans and persistence in water. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77(19), 6884-88
Presentations and Abstracts
- Kingsley, D.H., J.S. Leon, G.P. Richards, G. Flick, G.M. Lyon, G. Abdulhafid, J. Sobolik, A. Creadore, S. Seitz, E. Smith, M. Fernandez, and C. Moe. 2010. High pressure processing inactivates human norovirus within oysters, abstr. #286. Abstr. 29th Ann. Meet. American Society for Virology, Boseman, MT.
- Juan S. Leon, David H. Kingsley, Gary P. Richards, George J. Flick, G. Marshall Lyon, Gwen Abdulhafid, Julia Sobolik, Andrew Creadore, Scot Seitzl, Emily Smith, Marina Fernandez, Christine Moe. (2009) The Effect of High Pressure Processing on Human Norovirus Infectivity in Oysters. American Society for Virology, Vancouver, Canada
- Leon JS, McDaniels M, Lyon GM, Abdulhafid, G, Dowd M, Etienne K, Liu P, Schwab K, Moe CL. Norovirus human infectivity, immunology, and persistence in groundwater. Experimental Biology '08. San Diego, CA
- Leon JS, McDaniels M, Lyon GM, Abdulhafid, G, Dowd M, Hsiao, H-M, Liu P, Wrammert J, Ahmed R, Schwab K, Moe CL (2007) Norovirus human infectivity persists in groundwater for over two months. American Association of Virology (ASV) '07 Meeting. Corvallis, Oregon.
- Leon JS, McDaniels M, Lyon GM, Abdulhafid, G, Dowd M, Hsiao, H-M, Liu P, Schwab K, Moe CL (2007) Norovirus human infectivity and persistence in groundwater. Third International Calicivirus Conference '07. Cancun, Mexico.
- Douglas C. Chang, Lauren A. Burwell, G. Marshall Lyon, Gwen Abdulhafid, Scott K. Fridkin. Evaluation of a Surveillance System for Detecting InvasiveAspergillosis among Transplant Recipients. Infections in Compromised Patients 145: Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA)
- Seitz SR, Leon JS, Fernandez ML, McDaniels M, Lyon GM, Abdulhafid G, Dowd M, Hsiao HM, Liu P, Schwab KJ, Moe CL. (2009) Norovirus human infectivity in groundwater. American Public Health Association Annual Meeting. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Oral Presentation.
Invited Member - the Honor Society of Nursing - Sigma Theta Tau International
Invited Member - Golden Key International Honor Society
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
The Association of Clinical Research Professionals